Professor Alan James Lee
Alan Lee attended The University of Auckland for his undergraduate and Masters degrees, and the University of North Carolina for his PhD. He joined the staff of the then Mathematics Department at Auckland University in 1974. He has held visiting academic appointments at Indiana University, the University of North Carolina, McGill University and Southampton University.
Research | Current
Alan's research interests include the analysis of directional data, non-parametric statistics, statistical computing, the analysis of correlated categorical data, the application of capture-recapture methods to the estimation of population size, regression for response-selective sampling designs and the creation of synthtic data sets.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Fisher, N. I., Lee, A. J., & Cribb, J. H. J. (2013). A scientific approach to monitoring public perceptions of scientific issues. International Journal of Science Education, Part B: Communication and Public Engagement, 3 (1), 25-51. 10.1080/09500693.2011.652364
- Milne, B. J., Byun, U., & Lee, A. (2013). New Zealand socio-economic index 2006. Wellington: Statistics New Zealand. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Barry Milne
- LEE, A. L. A. N., & ZIEDINS, I. L. Z. E. (2012). ADAPTIVE RESOURCE ALLOCATION TO MAXIMIZE RUN-OUT TIMES. Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, 29 (03), 1240017-1240017. 10.1142/S0217595912400179
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Ilze Ziedins
- Lee, A. J., & Fisher, N. I. (2012). Getting the "correct" answer from survey responses: An application of regression mixture models. Paper presented at LinStat 2012: International Conference on Trends and Perspectives in Linear Statistical Inference, Bedlewo, Poland. 16 July - 20 July 2012. Related URL.
- Hirose, Y, & Lee, A. J. (2012). Reparametrization of the least favorable submodel in semi-parametric multisample models. Bernoulli: A journal of mathematical statistics and probability, 18 (2), 586-605. 10.3150/10-BEJ342
- Lee, A., & Zeidins, I. (2012). Adaptive resource allocation to maximize run-out times. Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, 2910.1142/S0217595912400179
- Ho, S., Lee, A., & Marsden, A. (2011). Use of Bayesian Estimates to determine the Volatility Parameter Input in the Black-Scholes and Binomial Option Pricing Models. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 4 (1), 74-96. 10.3390/jrfm4010074
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Alastair Marsden
- Fisher, N. I., Lee, A. J., Cribb, J. H. J., & Haynes, G. D. (2011). Public perceptions of foxes and fox eradication in Tasmania. Australian Zoologist, 35 (3), 576-587.