Ms Leila June Boyle
Leila Boyle has tutored and lectured in Statistics at the University of Auckland since 1999.
Leila runs a number of workshops and provides one-to-one and small group help by appointment for undergraduate statistics students who need assistance with the basics. Leila particularly enjoys helping students who have difficulty with mathematics and statistics gain understanding and confidence in their work.
Provides a range of services to support and enhance the learning activities of students:
- Delivers statistics workshops for undergraduates
- Offers statistics support for undergraduates by appointment
- Collaborates with academic staff and subject librarians to integrate academic and information literacy into the curriculum
- Creates online tutorials and resources to support learning
+64 21 447 018
Please note that I am 0.8-time so I am at work 4 days each week.
Semester One, 2018:
- I will be in the office on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday about half of the time.
- In other weeks (Teaching Weeks 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11 as well as the second week of the mid-semester study break), I am teaching Saturday workshops so I will be in the office on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday of those weeks.
- In Teaching Weeks, the Stats 101/101G/108 teaching team meets on Monday mornings so I am not available until 11.30am.
- On the days I am in the office, I am usually available during working hours - undergraduate Stats students can see my availability in real time and book an appointment directly here: www.tinyURL.com/appt-stats
- I teach a number of workshops useful to Stats 101/101G/108 students – for more details, go to www.tinyURL.com/stats-10x
Primary office location
SCIENCE CENTRE - MATHPHYSIC - Bldg 303
Level 3, Room 320
38 PRINCES ST