Patricio Andres Maturana Russel
MSc in Statistics, Universidad de Valparaiso, Chile.
Patricio has a BS degree (2007) and a MSc in Statistic (2011) at the Universidad de Valparaíso, Chile. In that time, he worked in"Estimation and local influence in factor analysis under heavy-tailed distributions" supervised by Felipe Osorio. He joined the Department of Statistics in 2013 and is currently working on phylogenetic inference.
Research | Current
- Maturana Patricio (2016). Model selection and parameter inference in phylogenetics using Nested Sampling. 2016 Joint New Zealand Statistical Association (NZSA) and Operations Research Society of New Zealand (ORSNZ) Conference. Auckland, New Zealand.
- Maturana Patricio (2015). Success of Bayesian inference in the four-taxon case. Phylomania 2015 - The UTAS theoretical phylogenetics meeting, Tasmania, Australia.
- Maturana Patricio (2015). Estimating the marginal likelihood. The 19th Annual New Zealand Phylogenomics Meeting, Portobello, New Zealand.
- Maturana Patricio (2009). Influence diagnotics for factor analysis under scale mixtures of normal distributions.. Poster presented at Symposium on Statistical Modeling, Universidad de Valparaiso, Valparaiso, Chile.
- Maturana Patricio (2009). Local influence for factor analysis considering scale mixtures of normal distributions. Poster presented at The XXXVI National Conference on Statistical - Sociedad Chilena de Estadistica (SOCHE), Temuco, Chile.
- Maturana Patricio (2008). Estimation in factor analysis under heavy-tailed distributions. Second Symposium on Mixed Models with Applications in Biometrics, Universidad de Valparaiso, Valparaiso, Chile.
Teaching | Current