Associate Professor Paul Ross Murrell
BSc/BA/MSc/PhD (University of Auckland)
Paul Murrell attended The University of Auckland for his BSc (in Computer Science), BA (in Psychology), MSc (in Psychology), and PhD (in Statistics). He then spent a year at the University of Cambridge in the Department of Community Medicine as a medical statistician and research assistant, before joining the Department of Statistics at Auckland University in October, 1999.
Research | Current
Paul's research interests include computational and graphical statistics. He is currently part of the development team for the R and Omegahat statistical computing projects.
For links to software projects I am involved with, papers I have written, and talks I have given, see my personal homepage
- Fellow, American Statistical Association (2010)
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Murrell, P. R. (2020). Visual Testing for Graphics in R. 10.17608/k6.auckland.11521212
- Murrell, P. R. (2019). SVG In, SVG Out. 10.17608/k6.auckland.11100386
- Murrell, P. R. (2018). MetaPost Three Ways. Related URL.
- Murrell, P. R. (2018). Variable-Width Bezier Splines in R. 10.17608/k6.auckland.7290080
- Murrell, P. R. (2018). Building an mplib Shared Library. 10.17608/k6.auckland.7163429
- Murrell, P. R. (2018). Importing General-Purpose Graphics in R. Related URL.
- Murrell, P. R. (2018). Revisiting Mathematical Equations in R: The 'dvir' package. 10.17608/k6.auckland.7033448
- Godfrey, A. J. R., Murrell, P., & Sorge, V. (2018). An Accessible Interaction Model for Data Visualisation in Statistics. Paper presented at 16th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP), Univ Linz, Linz, AUSTRIA. 11 July - 13 July 2018. COMPUTERS HELPING PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, PT I. (pp. 8). 10.1007/978-3-319-94277-3_92