Associate Professor Paul Ross Murrell
BSc/BA/MSc/PhD (University of Auckland)
Paul Murrell attended The University of Auckland for his BSc (in Computer Science), BA (in Psychology), MSc (in Psychology), and PhD (in Statistics). He then spent a year at the University of Cambridge in the Department of Community Medicine as a medical statistician and research assistant, before joining the Department of Statistics at Auckland University in October, 1999.
Research | Current
Paul's research interests include computational and graphical statistics. He is currently part of the development team for the R and Omegahat statistical computing projects.
For links to software projects I am involved with, papers I have written, and talks I have given, see my personal homepage
- Fellow, American Statistical Association (2010)
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Murrell, P. (2016). 'DOM' Version 0.4. Related URL.
- Murrell, P. (2016). 'DOM' Version 0.2. Related URL.
- Murrell, P. (2016). Automating R Demonstration Videos. Related URL.
- Scott, D., Geals, D., & Murrell, P. (2015). Refactoring the xtable Package. Paper presented at 2015 Joint NZSA+ORSNZ Conference, Christchurch, New Zealand. 24 November - 26 November 2015. Related URL.
- Hardin, J., Hoerl, R., Horton, N. J., Nolan, D., Baumer, B., Hall-Holt, O., ... Lang, D. T. (2015). Data Science in Statistics Curricula: Preparing Students to "Think with Data". AMERICAN STATISTICIAN, 69 (4), 343-353. 10.1080/00031305.2015.1077729
- Scott, D. J., Geals, D., & Murrell, P. (2015). Refactoring the xtable Package. Paper presented at The UseR! Conference 2015, Aalborg, Denmark. 30 June - 3 July 2015. Related URL.
- Murrell, P. (2015). The gridGraphics Package. R Journal, 7 (1), 151-162. Related URL.
- Gavai, A. K., Supandi, F., Hettling, H., Murrell, P., Leunissen, J. A., & van Beek, J. H. (2015). Using bioconductor package BiGGR for metabolic flux estimation based on gene expression changes in brain. PloS one, 10 (3)