M.S., Michigan State University, 2011; Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2012
Yalu Wen joined the department in 11/2014. She obtained an MSc and PhD from Michigan State University in 2012.
Research | Current
My research interests primarily lie in statistical genetics. Specifically, I am interested in developing and evaluating new statistical genetic risk prediction models for both population-based and family-based studies using high-dimensional data. In parallel with this line of research, I am also interested in the development and application of new statistical methods for association analysis using next generation sequencing data.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Wen, Y., & Lu, Q. (2016). A Clustered Multiclass Likelihood-Ratio Ensemble Method for Family-Based Association Analysis Accounting for Phenotypic Heterogeneity. Genetic Epidemiology, 40 (6), 512-519. 10.1002/gepi.21987
- Wen, Y., He, Z., Li, M., & Lu, Q. (2016). Risk Prediction Modeling of Sequencing Data Using a Forward Random Field Method. Scientific Reports, 6, 1-9. 10.1038/srep21120
- Alaimo, K., Oleksyk, S. C., Drzal, N. B., Golzynski, D. L., Lucarelli, J. F., Wen, Y., & Velie, E. M. (2013). Effects of changes in lunch-time competitive foods, nutrition practices, and nutrition policies on low-income middle-school children's diets. Childhood Obesity, 9 (6), 509-523. 10.1089/chi.2013.0052
- Wen, Y., & Lu, Q. (2013). A multiclass likelihood ratio approach for genetic risk prediction allowing for phenotypic heterogeneity. Genetic Epidemiology, 37 (7), 715-725. 10.1002/gepi.21751
- Wen, Y., Li, M., & Fu, W. J. (2013). Catching the genomic wave in oligonucleotide single-nucleotide polymorphism arrays by modeling sequence binding. Journal of Computational Biology, 20 (7), 514-523. 10.1089/cmb.2011.0102
- Wen, Y., Schaid, D. J., & Lu, Q. (2013). A bivariate mann-whitney approach for unraveling genetic variants and interactions contributing to comorbidity. Genetic Epidemiology, 37 (3), 248-255. 10.1002/gepi.21709
- Li, M., Wen, Y., Lu, Q., & Fu, W. J. (2013). An imputation approach for oligonucleotide microarrays. PLoS ONE, 8 (3)10.1371/journal.pone.0058677
- Wen, Y., Li, M., & Fu, W. J. (2011). MA-SNP--A new genotype calling method for oligonucleotide SNP arrays modeling the batch effect with a normal mixture model. Statistical applications in genetics and molecular biology, 10 (1)10.2202/1544-6115.1698