Release date: 13 December, 2016
Main changes in this update are within the Inference functions;
t-tests performed on request.
- Hypothesis testing: new option under Get Inference
- one-sample t-tests, two-sample t-tests, ANOVA, and one- and two-way Chi-square testing
- ability to adjust null value and alternative hypothesis in t-tests
- ability to specify pooled variance alternative for two-sample t-test
- Store predicted values and residuals under Get Summary (for scatter plots and ANOVA)
SURFIncomeSurvey data set (200 row subset) to examples
- "factor" reworded to "categorical" in summary/inference output
- some of the inference output has been adjusted slightly for consistency (see above)
- Fix a bug in inference output where reorded factors' confidence intervals and p-values were not reordered!
- Fix issue where confidence intervals for two-way table row proportions were ordered incorrectly
Patch 3.1.1 - 23/03/2017
- Time Series module update to new UI
- Added Import Data (Beta) module (alongside existing one)
- Save plots as SVG or Interactive HTML (Beta)
- Update Gapminder data
- Survey design object is now passed to Model Fitting module (will soon be depreciated)
- Various other bug fixes in supporting packages
Patch 3.1.2 - 02/06/2017
- Integrate changes in
Patch 3.1.3 - 18/08/2017
- Fixes for Interactive plots
- BETA release of new Model Fitting module
Release date: 5 Septemer, 2016
This is a major new release of iNZight, so many things have changed.
We hope you like them!
Here's just a few of the major new features to iNZight.
- Example data sets available from the File menu
- Play time can now be stopped, and the interval adjusted
- Switch variables with the one below by clicking the "down" arrow to the right of the variable box
- Maps Module - visualise geographical data:
- Coordinates: if your data set includes GPS coordinates for each observation,
iNZight will let you plot them on a map.
- Countries: if observations have country names associated with them,
you can colour countries on a map by another variable.
Try this out with the Gapminder data set included in Example Data!
- Dual Window mode - if you've used VIT, then this will be familiar to you. From File > Preferences,
you can choose to have a separate window for graphs (as opposed to the built-in one).
We can't list everything here, but some of the important ones are listed below.
- Plot toolbar has new icons
- Add to Plot window completely redesigned to make plot modification easier
- Resize points has been adjusted to resize the area proportional to the value.
Also added an "emphasize" option, which scales sizes linearly.
- COLOUR: new, better palettes have been introduced, including viridis,
which are colourblind friendly.
- Multiple Response has been overhauled to be more intuitive and fit in with the rest of iNZight.
- (temporary) Just a quick workaround for analysing tables in iNZight: Dataset > Expand Table
Given the magnitude of changes, there's little point mentioning the minor ones and bug fixes!
3.0.1 - 23/09/2016
- Fix up labels and icons so plot toolbar and plot menu match
- Fix a bug where two-level bar plots failed to draw
- Fix a bug where empty levels in two-way bar plots failed to draw
- Fix locator for dot plots
- Fix the updates available checker
3.0.2 - 04/10/2016
- Add "Updates Available" text back to the title (when they're available, of course!)
3.0.3 - 12/10/2016
- Bug fix: can now change colours of histograms
Release date: 08 November, 2015
- specify colours for dotplots and scatterplots from the Add to Plot > Code more variables screen.
Patch 2.5.1 - 16/11/2015
- correct the names and URLs in the 'Help > User Guides' menu
- fix bug that occurs when 'Colour by' variable has only one unique value
Release date: 12 October, 2015
- Include FPC (finite population corrections) in survey designs
- Replace the drag-drop boxes for variabes with drop-down
boxes for an alternative method of variable
selection. Drag-and-drop functionality has been retained.
- Fix the enabling/disabling of buttons when survey designs
- When closing the survey design window, they specified design
is now checked for validity before saving the design.
- Fix bug in the Multiple Response module that gave an
"inverse" error message.
- Various other small fixes throughout iNZight and other
dependency pacakges. See their change logs for details.
Patch 2.4.1 - 21/10/2015
- Remove dependency on
RODBC package; this causes
issues on Mac attempting to manually install.
PATCH 2.4.2 - 28/10/2015
- Add option to display labels internally on numeric x factor
- Fix from iNZightPlots for Get Summary (
n.missing now correct)
Patch 2.4.3 - 02/11/2015
- Improve smoothness of dotplot transitions by only redrawing
when the scaling has changed.
Release date: 4 August, 2015
- SURVEY DESIGNS: iNZight can now handle survey designs
(currently Strata, 2-stage (nesting) clustering, and a weighting
variable. Plots take account of this structure and inference that
displays (currently only trend lines on bivariate plots) use
functions from the
survey packages and thus incorporate weights.
- Adjust the axis limits from the Add to Plot menu.
- Adjust the number of bars displayed on a bar plot from the
Add to Plot menu.
- the plot tool bar has been added to the Menubar at the top
of the page. This allows users to work in a dual-window mode
(with a narrow iNZight interface and a separate plotting window)
and still be able to access plot functions.
- fixes to a few issues occuring in dotplots
- display an error if Add to Plot is called without any
variables having been selected
Release date: 16 June, 2015
- users can specify a window size in File > Preferences
- Links to the User Guides found on our website have been
added, including help buttons in the Add To Plot and Inference
- LOCATE functionality now included for dot plots. Also fixes
several bugs in the previous update for locating points in
- the "Row Operations" menu has been renamed "Data"
Patch 2.2.0-1 - 1/07/2015
- iNZightPlots package: fix colour of segmented bar plots to
match the legend
Patch 2.2.0-2 - 27/7/2015
- Fix mapping of confidence intervals (instead of comparison
intervals) to Year 12 intervals in dot plots.
Release date: 25 May, 2015
- New hexagonal binning plot available to large samples
- Live updating sliders for the "Add to Plot" panel, which is
now embedded into the main window rather than creating an
additional pop-up window
- The "Add to Plot", "Remove Additions" and
"Inference Information" windows have been integrated into the main
window with the aim of making the interface cleaner and easier to
- When colouring points by a numeric variable, a continuous colour
range is used rather than a discrete one.
- The plotting package has been rewritten to accomodate survey
designs (this will be integrated with iNZight itself at a later
date). However, the plots have been modified to be cleaner and far
more efficient. Additionally, the algorithms used for the
inference information have been updated. For more information on
this, see the iNZightPlots change log.
- The "Get Summary" and "Get Inference" outputs have been
redesigned to hopefully give a more intuitive, cleaner
presentation of the information.
- From dot plots and histograms, the comparison (and confidence)
interval values can be read from the graph by clicking 'Get Values'
in the 'Inference Information' panel. This includes the Year 12 intervals
applied to medians.
- LOCATOR: functionality for scatterplots vastly improved,
allowing selection of related points, retaining points over
multiple graphcs, and selecting points by a variable.
(similar upgrades for dot plots coming in v2.2)
- the number of missing values is now displayed on the plot,
broken down by variable
- the list of options in the 'Add to Plot' window are now in a drop
down menu, rather than radio buttons, to save space
- many other small UI improvements
colour by is set, but the graph is changed to a histogram,
the legend is removed from the plot
- fixes a bug in the plotting that was causing large values to fall off the axes
of the plots
- includes other patches from the previous version of iNZight
Patch 2.1.1 - 09/06/2015
- fix a dependency issue required for aggregating data sets
Release date: 18 November 2014
- The data set name is displayed above the data view
- The variable type is now displayed as a prefix to the variable
names in the variable view
- A new "Updates Available" shows up when new versions are
- A new Help tab that includes Licence information, and a link
to the FAQ and Support pages
- In the "Remove Additions" window, "Remove segmentation" has
been renamed to "Remove colour by" for bar plots, and
"Restore default labels" is added to remove customised plot
- Removes development text from Load Data window
- Fixes a bug in the Locate Points feature when the scales are
- Scroll bars added to Reorder Levels window
- The menu has been moved above the plot tabs, so it no longer
gets cut off
Patch 2.0.4-1 - 12/12/2014
- fixed up the plot device in Time Series on Linux machines
Patch 2.0.4-3 - 10/02/2015
- fix a bug causing write-protected directories to crash
Patch 2.0.4-4 - 10/03/2015
- ping for an internet connection before trying to check for updates
Release date: 17 September, 2014
- A new Multiple Response analysis module has been added to the
Advanced menu. This utilises the iNZightMR package developed by
- "Add to Plot" window modified for barcharts - can show only
CIs, and also selects comparison and confidence intervals by default
- Includes a suite of bug fixes in the iNZightPlots package - see its
NEWS file for these
Release date: 17 June, 2014
- can now cycle through all two-variable plots for a selected
- "play" button for the first subset by variable
(automatically cycle levels)
- data manipulation features added and modified
- can now specify to identify min/max points in a dot plot
- in the Add to Plot window for barcharts, reworded "segment by" to "colour by"
- the transparency slider now runs from 0% to 100%
- identify functionality works for subsets (except when multi plots at once)
Release date: 27 March, 2014
- Identify feature added to the "Add To Plot" menu. This
allows users to interactively label points with
id or any other
variable. This feature works for both dot plots and scatter plots.
- Vertical sliders added to the
Rename Levels and
Rename factor levels windows.
- Reorder levels now works as expected, including sort by
- Bug where the iNZight window closes even if a user clicks
cancel has been fixed.
Release date: 18 January, 2014
The entire iNZight module of iNZightVIT has been rewritten,
with a multitude of changes along the way.